Healthy for Life: T.E. Atkins UM Wellness Program
Those enrolled in the myChoice health plan (administered by Coventry)
- The Breathe Smoking Cessation Program allows myChoice members FREE online digital health coaching. For online access, log in through My Online Services at www.ummedcvty.com and navigate to the Wellness Tools option.
- Selected Smoking Cessation medications are available through the UM Prescription Drug program with a prescription from your physician. Covered medications include: Buproprion SR (generic)-formulary and Chantix-formulary. Contact your physician or ExpressScripts Customer Service at 1-800-955-1201 for more information.
- Missouri Tobacco Quit Line (1-800-QUIT-NOW) offers telephone coaching and FREE nicotine replacement therapy for eligible participants.
- National Cancer Institute (1-877-44U-QUIT) offers FREE telephone support for quitting smoking.
- Pfizer Plan to Quit (http://www.mytimetoquit.com) Customize your quit plan and get free information.
- American Cancer Society | (www.cancer.org) | 1-800-227-2345
- American Heart Association | (www.americanheart.org) | 1-800-242-8721
- American Lung Association | (www.lungusa.org) | 1-800-586-4872
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- National Cancer Institute (www.cancer.gov)
- Wellness Resource Center (http://wellness.missouri.edu) and Healthy for Life have partnered to offer free nicotine replacement therapy patches, access to one-on-one counseling, assistance in developing a personalized quit plan and peer support.
- The Phoenix Program offers evidence-based smoking cessation programs. New classes start every month, and include 8 sessions (materials provided) with group support before, during and after your quit-date. To register, click here.
- Columbia Boone County Health Department offers FREE screenings and nicotine replacement therapy. Call for information at (573) 874-5039
- Wellness Resource Center (http://umsl.edu/smokefree/How%20to%20Quit/index.html ) offers free nicotine replacement therapy patches, access to one-on-one counseling, assistance in developing a personalized quit plan and peer support.
- Phelps County Regional Medical Center offers support to its patients and members of the surrounding communities in their efforts to stop the use of tobacco in any form: For additional information on quitting smoking and tobacco use, please call 573-458-7691, or go to www.pcrmc.com.
- Kansas Residents- Sponsored by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and provided by the American Cancer Society, this quit line offers screening, counseling, support materials, and referrals for tobacco cessation assistance (based on an individual’s readiness to quit). Services are offered in both English and Spanish. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-866-KAN-STOP or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Missouri Residents - Sponsored by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, this quit line offers free information, consultations, counseling, and an intensive telephone-based cessation program. Services include specialized materials, a quit kit and three additional calls with a specialist, and are offered in any language. Open seven days a week, 7 a.m.– 2 a.m. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Independence Health Department, Independence, MO. Freedom from Smoking, 6 Weeks FREE, Contact: Karen VanFleet (816) 325-7185.
- Jackson County Health Department, 313 S. Liberty, Independence, MO. Call for class schedule, Maggie Anderson (816) 404-8429.
- North Kansas City Hospital. 2800 Clay Edwards Drive, North Kansas City, MO. Freedom from Smoking. Seven sessions during three weeks, $50. Contact: Sharon Ambrosi (816) 691-1688
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center. 9100 W. 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS. Smoking Cessation Now, Nine sessions, $110. Contact: (913) 676-7777 *press #2 for class registration desk
- St. Luke’s Hospital. Center for Health Enhancement. 4200 Wornall Road, KCMO. Smoking Cessation: Kick the Habit. Nine 1-hour sessions (for one month), $110. Contact: (816) 932-5100.
- Truman Medical Center. 2301 Holmes, Kansas City, MO. Freedom from Smoking. 6 weeks $35. Contact: Rita Mangold (816) 404-5494