Healthy for Life: T.E. Atkins UM Wellness Program
Those enrolled in the myChoice health plan (administered by Coventry)
- The Breathe Smoking Cessation Program allows myChoice members FREE online and telephone coaching. For online access, log in through My Online Services at www.ummedcvty.com and navigate to the Wellness Tools option. For phone coaching, call 866-856-4632.
- Selected Smoking Cessation medications are available through the UM Prescription Drug program with a prescription from your physician. Covered medications include: Buproprion SR (generic)-formulary and Chantix-formulary. Contact your physician or ExpressScripts Customer Service at 1-800-955-1201 for more information.
- Missouri Tobacco Quit Line (1-800-QUIT-NOW) offers telephone coaching and FREE nicotine replacement therapy for eligible participants.
- National Cancer Institute (1-877-44U-QUIT) offers FREE telephone support for quitting smoking.
- Pfizer Plan to Quit (http://www.mytimetoquit.com) Customize your quit plan and get free information.
- American Cancer Society | (www.cancer.org) | 1-800-227-2345
- American Heart Association | (www.americanheart.org) | 1-800-242-8721
- American Lung Association | (www.lungusa.org) | 1-800-586-4872
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- National Cancer Institute (www.cancer.gov)
- Wellness Resource Center (http://wellness.missouri.edu) and Healthy for Life have partnered to offer free nicotine replacement therapy patches, access to one-on-one counseling, assistance in developing a personalized quit plan and peer support.
- The Phoenix Program offers evidence-based smoking cessation programs. New classes start every month, and include 8 sessions (materials provided) with group support before, during and after your quit-date. To register, click here.
- Columbia Boone County Health Department offers FREE screenings and nicotine replacement therapy. Call for information at (573) 874-5039