Jane Closterman, University of Missouri System Controller, has announced her decision to retire after 11 years of dedicated service. Her effective retirement date is April 30, 2014. This will be a loss to the University of Missouri.
Jane is one of the hardest working and most dedicated people I’ve ever met. Since starting with the University on March 3, 2003, these are just a few of her many accomplishments:
1. Led the University through 11 external annual financial and A-133 audits, addressing and resolving many issues along the way.
2. Implemented multiple new accounting pronouncements and improved the financial reporting of the University.
3. Reorganized the Post-Award function and improved the quality of the University’s Research Compliance program.
4. Led the University successfully through multiple IRS audits and examinations.
5. Worked with IRS to recover millions of dollars in FICA refunds for Medical Residents and the University.
6. Successful implementation of the Travel and Expense system making it easier for all employees to receive reimbursement.
Please join me in wishing Jane well as she begins to prepare for a new chapter in her life this spring.