From “Eat For Life” Program
- Taste of Mindfulness (2:06)
- Basics of Mindful Eating (1:02)
- Awareness of Breath Meditation(9:41)
- Eating Meditation(7:41)
- Body Scan Meditation(16:08)
- Standing Yoga Sequence(23:12)
- Body Lovingkindness(6:46)
- Healing Self Touch(8:40)
- Video:Eat for Life Yoga
Basic Meditation & Relaxation Practices
From Mindfulness–based Stress Reduction Program
- Body Scan (27:18)
- Sitting Meditation (38:54)
- Mindful Yoga 1 (48:09)
- Mindful Yoga 2 (52:03)
- Video: MBSR Yoga #1 (37:15)
- Video: MBSR Yoga #1 with camera emphasis on chair poses (37:15)
- Video: MBSR Yoga #2 (36:33)
- Video: MBSR Yoga #2 with camera emphasis on chair poses (36:33)
Teleconferences / Webinars:
The BASICS of Mindful Eating (sponsored by The Center for Mindful Eating)
Original air date: Thursday, June 26, 2014
Learn the BASICS of mindful eating– guidelines (not rules) to help you become conscious about what, when, why, and how you eat. Understand how to use them as an approach to eating which pleases your taste buds and support’s your body’s health. Used on a regular basis, they could change the way you eat for life.
1. Name 3 of the 6 components of the acronym “BASICS” as a mindfulness-based approach to eating.
2. Experience a “Taste of Mindfulness” meditation to help you explore your thoughts, feelings, and body sensations.
3. Identify two challenges in stopping eating before you are too full.
Webinar – July 2014 Issue Sneak Peek Eat for Life: A Work Site Feasibility Study of a Novel Mindfulness-based Intuitive Eating Intervention
Join Rev. Kristin and her special guest, health psychologist, meditation and mindfulness teacher Dr. Lynn Rossy, and learn the importance of conscious awareness of something we do every day, several times a day—eat! Learn about the significance in bringing mindfulness to not only our food choices, but also the way we eat what we choose to consume. Lynn will share the rich benefits of mindful eating for our bodies, minds, and spirits as well as the body of earth. Even if you are a very conscious eater, Lynn’s insights will enhance your experience of the sacred daily ritual involving food.
Radio Friends with Paul Pepper
- (January 11, 2013) Lynn Rossy joins Paul to discuss her upcoming Eat for Life class.
- (December 5, 2012) Lynn Rossy joins Paul to discuss breathing and checking for hunger before you eat.