The Bike MS: Express Scripts Gateway Getaway Ride 2014 is a two-day event dedicated to supporting multiple sclerosis (MS) programs, services and research. Join the joint University of Missouri and Express Scripts team as they bike through beautiful central Missouri farmland while raising money for a good cause. Bike MS will take you further than you’ve ever gone before. It’s not just the miles that matter—it’s the unforgettable journey.
- Date(s): September 6 & 7, 2014
- Start/Finish Location: Central Missouri Events Center, 5212 North Oakland Gravel Road, Columbia, Missouri
- Registration Fee: $50
- Fundraising Minimum: $250
- To join the Express Scripts/University of Missouri Team:
- Visit the team’s webpage
- Call 1-800-344-4867
- To volunteer:
- Donate on to the Express Scripts/University of Missouri team
Multiple sclerosis is an unpredictable, often disabling, disease of the central nervous system that interrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. Millions of people are affected by MS and the challenges of living with its unpredictable symptoms, which range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. The progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are moving us closer to a world free of MS.
Bike MS passes through farmlands and some of Missouri’s most beautiful countryside. The routes include fully-stocked rest stops every 10-15 miles, a great lunch stop each day, and safety provided by volunteer EMTs, HAM radio operators, and bicycle repair partners. The route loops back to the Boone County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, where you will be treated to a delicious meal, massage, and live music.
Please join us for a great weekend with great people. It’s truly a wonderful experience in a non-intimidating and friendly environment.
- Route Options: 20, 40, 75 & 100 miles
- Age Minimum: 12 years old
- Event Manager: Amy Klueter-Thomas, email@example.com