- UM Sytem announces progress toward diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, Feb 2
- Middleton visits with The Chronicle of Higher Education, Feb 2
- Message to the UM Community, Jan 29
- Spring Semester Welcome, Jan 19
- Distinguished Drum Major for Justice Award, Jan 9
A Message from President Tim Wolfe
As the premier public institution of higher education in this state, the University of Missouri System is committed to charting its own course. This requires strategic thinking about the university’s areas of focus and how to apply precious resources to those endeavors.
The result is often difficult choices. However, in an era of diminishing—or at best flat—resources, budgets must be aligned with the strategic objectives of the university that are most critical to our mission of teaching, research, service and economic development.
Last week, the University of Missouri Board of Curators approved the Fiscal Year 2013 budget that includes $35.3 million in cost-saving and revenue enhancement activities required to balance the budget.
In this video, President Wolfe discusses the budget, the overall health of the university and how you can share your ideas about how the university should move forward.