Delivering Eye Care to Those in Need
At the University of Missouri-St. Louis, Dr. Linda Marks goes mobile with eye care. Since 2003, the Mobile Eye Clinics, a team effort of the College of Optometry, provides care for the eyes of many area children who might not otherwise receive the care they need.
Click here to see Chancellor Tom George's presentation on Advancing Missouri's Health.
For more information on the programs highlighted in Chancellor George's PowerPoint presentation, please visit these Web sites:
- Express Scripts is the largest company with headquarters on a college campus.
- UMSL College of Nursing
- UMSL Department of Psychology
- UMSL College of Optometry operates four full-service eye care facilities and the Mobile Eye Center
- UMSL College of Education Certificate in Autism Studies
- Center for Neurodynamics
- Missouri Institute for Mental Health is a research, mental health and social services arm of UMSL. Specialities include alcohol and substance abuse, violence prevention and behavioral health issues.
- UMSL's Medicinal Chemistry Group works with researchers to develop affordable medicines for diseases disproportionately affecting impoverished people.
- UMSL's Community Psychological Service is a nonprofit outpatient mental health center.
- Children’s Advocacy Services of Greater St. Louis provides counseling to children affected by traumatic events.
This video was produced by Dak Dillon, a junior at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism.