2014 Annual Enrollment
Your campus, the hospital and UM Sytem are committed to maintaining comprehensive health and wellness programs that engage our faculty and staff to be energized, innovative and healthy. As we move into 2014 we want to continue to help you: understand your personal health, provide you with opportunities to manage your health proactively and help you understand what medical benefits best support your (your families) health needs.
We've made several changes for 2014, including:
- The timing of premium collection will change from being deducted in the month prior to coverage to the month of coverage. You will not have premium deductions for medical, dental, vision or life insurance benefits in December 2013 (see enclosed flyer for more detail).
- No premium increase for the myOptions Health Plan.
- An increase in University contribution to the Health Savings Account (with myOptions) to $600 individual/$1,200 two or more covered, covering nearly half of the deductible.
- Increase in the Health Savings Account maximum contribution to $3,300 individual/ $6,550 family, providing an opportunity for additional tax savings.
- Expanded dependent coverage to include Sponsored Adult Dependents.
- Opportunity to receive a $100 Wellness Incentive payment in your final May check if you complete your Personal Health Assessment and Health Screening by April 30, 2014.
- An enhanced contact lens vision benefit with a maximum $60 copayment for contact lens fitting and evaluation exam and the full $140 allowance for contact lenses.
- Addition of a $6,350 per individual/$12,700 per family out of pocket limit for in-network services under the myChoice Plan. All in-network deductibles, co-insurance and copayments will count towards the out of pocket limit.
- Addition of a hearing aid discount plan available through VSP Tru Hearing.
- Extension of Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account deadline for submitting receipts to April 15th.
Review your 2014 Personalized Benefit Statement that you received at home. For more information on the changes review the 2014 Annual Enrollment Guide . We will be holding meetings on each campus and at the hospital to help you learn more about the myOptions Health Plan and determine if it is a good fit for your (and your family's) health and financial needs. View the meeting schedule here.
Still confused about the terms and changes?
Trying to decide which plan is best for you?
Go to the myBenefit Decision Center located in myHR to help you determine which plan best fits your needs and help you estimate your contributions to a tax favored account. You will be able to use the myBenefit Decision Center to estimate 2014 expenses beginning October 14, 2013.
Want to learn more about the $100 Wellness Incentive?
Visit the Healthy For Life website to learn how to complete your personal health assessment and schedule your health screening.
Want to learn how you can save money your health care costs?
Explore the myOptions Health Plan to learn how you can: Pay less in premiums; Save tax-free money for future health expenses; and Receive increased university contributions to use toward your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
Enroll online through myHR beginning October 21, 2013. All elections must be submitted no later than November 1, 2013.
- If you are happy with your current elections and dependent coverage, you do not need to do anything.
- You must actively enroll in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account each year. Your elections do not carry over each year.
- Consider enrolling in a Health Care Flexible Spending Account if enrolled in myChoice, a Health Savings Account if enrolled in myOptions or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account to pay expenses with pre-tax dollars. You can use the myBenefit Decision Center to plan your contributions and calculate your estimated tax savings.
Provide Proof of Relationship for any dependents that you are adding to your plans.
Health Savings Account (HSA) Resources - provided by Health Equity
2014 Annual Enrollment Change Form - if you are enrolling in the myOptions Health Plan, you will also need to complete the HSA Enrollment Form below.
2013 Health Savings Account Enrollment Form (you must submit this form if you are enrolling in the myOptions Health Plan and want to recieve the UM HSA contribution)