A vision program is available to certain University employees and retirees. In addition, we have provided information on separate vision benefit programs that are available through the University of Missouri - St. Louis School of Optometry and University Optical at the University of Missouri-Columbia
The School of Optometry offers the following opportunities to UM faculty, staff and retirees:
- Annual comprehensive exam for a reduced fee of $25.
- 50% discount from usual and customary fees for:
- eye photography
- visual fields
- rehabilitative vision services
- developmental vision evaluation
- electrodiagnostic testing
- other office procedures
- 50% discount from usual and customary fees on eyeglasses with a $15.00 co-payment (limited to one pair within a 12 month period)
- 20% discount from usual and customary fees on eyeglasses with no additional co-payment
- 20% discount from usual and customary fees for contact lenses
One Hospital Drive
Columbia, Mo. -
University Optical is located at the Mason Eye Institute in the main lobby of the University Hospital. The University Optical discounts apply to University employees, retirees, and their immediate families.
The features of the University Optical program include:
- 25% discount on eyewear (including contact lenses)
- Over 850 frame styles $49 and up
- 24-48 hour service on most glasses
- On-site finishing laboratory
- Expertise in frame repair
Note: University Optical does not provide eye examinations.
VSP is the administrator of the University of Missouri vision insurance plan. To learn more about their services:
- Read this summary of VSP benefits and premium rates (PDF).
- Visit the VSP portal for university employees.
- Return to the university's Benefits homepage to find more details about our insurance plans.