Vision discounts for all employees
Discounts on vision products and services are offered by VSP (the university’s plan administrator) to all university employees, even those who are not enrolled in the UM System Vision Insurance Plan. In addition, separate vision benefit programs are available through University Optical at the University of Missouri-Columbia and through the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Optometry.
University Optical and University Optical East—both at the University of Missouri-Columbia—offer discounts to university employees, retirees, and their immediate families. Features include:
- 20% discount on eyewear (including contact lenses)
- Over 850 frame styles $49 and up
- 24-48 hour service on most glasses
- On-site finishing laboratory
- Expertise in frame repair
Note: University Optical does not provide eye examinations. Appointments for eye exams can be made by calling Mason Eye Institute at (573) 884-4568.
The College of Optometry at UMSL offers the following opportunities to UM faculty, staff, and retirees:
- Annual comprehensive exam for a reduced fee of $25.
- 50% discount from usual and customary fees for:
- Eye photography
- Visual fields
- Rehabilitative vision services
- Developmental vision evaluation
- Electrodiagnostic testing
- Other office procedures
- 50% discount from usual and customary fees on eyeglasses with a $15.00 co-payment (limited to one pair within a 12-month period)
- 20% discount from usual and customary fees on eyeglasses with no additional co-payment
- 20% discount from usual and customary fees for contact lenses
Reviewed June 29, 2015.