Enterprise Investment Program
New Funding Programs Available through MTC
RECEIVE NOTIFICATION IF A NEW APPLICATION PERIOD IS ANNOUNCED
Technologies Available for Licensing
Application Review Process Details
- Applicant applies online via UMEIP Web site.
- Applications are screened for completeness and to ensure minimum requirements are met. A request may be made for any missing information.
- Internal group reviews applications to identify any potential conflicts of interest or other university related issues.
- If approved by the internal review group, applications go to the outside advisory panel for review.
- Advisory panel reviews application, provides score and makes a recommendation to university. A presentation by the applicant may be requested.
- Internal group reviews advisory panel recommendation. Notification of decision is sent to applicant.
- If first round approval is granted, due diligence is undertaken.
- Additional information and possibly a presentation is requested from applicant.
- Review of additional information by internal group and external advisory panel.
- Second round decision is made. Notification of decision is sent to applicant.
- If second round approval is granted, the terms of investment are negotiated.
- Negotiated terms are incorporated into final investment documents for execution.