President’s Award for Economic Development
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
- The Economic Development Award recognizes faculty for distinguished activity in meeting the University of Missouri's goal of serving as an economic engine for the state and its citizens. Awardees shall demonstrate entrepreneurial innovation in using the classroom, outreach programs or the laboratory as vehicles for increasing or developing new economic activity in the state.
Number of awards and award amounts
- There will be up to one $5,000 award, less applicable taxes.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- All benefits-eligible faculty may be nominated. A nominee's appointment may not be more than 50% administrative.
Who may nominate?
- Candidates may be nominated by any benefits-eligible faculty member or administrator.
- Representatives from each campus will be appointed by the provost.
Timeline for awards
October 14, 2013
January 31, 2014
May 1, 2014