Intercampus Faculty Council Agendas Friday, September 12, 2003
President’s Conference Room
9:30 a.m. IFC members
- Call to order.
- Approval of August 7-8, 2003 Retreat minutes.
- Approval of September 12, 2003 agenda.
Major Discussion Items
- Faculty Workload Committee presents draft (E. Porter), for CRR 310.080 text. (Distributed on 9/4/2003 by Email to all by E. Porter.)
- Discussion of Resource Allocation Principles. (Handout of IFC Retreat: “Red Fish” Tab #2). Scheduled meeting with Bill Massy on Resource Allocations on September 19, 2003.
- The Grant Incentive Proposal was published on the web at http://system.missouri.edu/vpacad/report grant incentive program.htm (April 15, 2003; May 13, 2003). The IFC has been asked to help develop this proposal further (web document by Steve Lehmkuhle at http://system.missouri.edu/vpacad/grant incentive program.htm, updated August 11, 2003).
- Assessment of the current Faculty Accomplishment System (FAS) by all IFC members. Will IFC endorse its full implementation? (Please make your individual assessment prior to the IFC meeting: https://iatservices.missouri.edu/fas/)
- Will IFC start a policy initiative forbidding Consensual Relationships between faculty and students?
- Resolution on the Role of Intercollegiate Athletics in an Academic Environment
- Motion by Van Reidhead for Board Meeting in October 2003 at UMSL
- Progress of and Concerns with Program Viability Audit processes on all 4 campuses
- Merger UM with Northwest. Discuss the due-diligence report of August, 2003
- Evaluation of Administrative Consolidation proposal of UM Presidency - UMC Chancellor
- Update IFC on discussion of recent raises of UMKC, UMR and UMC Chancellors. Request to President Floyd to share with IFC his conversations with the UMKC Faculty Senate Executive Committee and subsequent action
- Conflict of Interest discussion. Update by Steve Lehmkuhle or Peter Wilden on August 15 meeting
Establishing priority of IFC agenda items for future meetings
- Grievance procedures
- Academic Dishonesty
- The IFC ‘Best Practices’ website
- Ranking of Non-regular faculty
- Change in titles of non-regular faculty
- Proposal to add a Faculty Benefit
- Plan a discussion how research funding of coordinated, multi-team or center grants in UM could be encouraged
10:00 a.m. Vice President Lehmkuhle, Associate Vice President Graham,
& Faculty Fellow Wilden to join the meeting
- Faculty Workload Committee draft (major discussion item #1)
- Grant Incentive Proposal (major discussion item #3)
- Program Viability Audit (update item #2)
- UM and Northwest Missouri State University Merger (update item #3)
- Conflict of Interest (update item #6)
12:00 p.m. LUNCH
President Floyd to join the meeting
Discussions with President Floyd
- Evaluation of Administrative Consolidation Proposal o f UM Presidency & UM-Columbia Chancellor
- Update IFC on discussion of recent raises of UMC, UMKC, and UMR Chancellors IFC reequests President Floyd to share with IFC his conversation with UMKC Faculty Senate Executive Committee and subsequent action.
2:00 p.m. Adjourn
NEXT MEETING DATE: Wednesday, October 29, 2003