Intercampus Faculty Council Agendas Wednesday, February 18, 2004
President’s Conference Room
9:30 a.m. IFC members
- Call to order.
- Approval of January 21, 2004 minutes.
- Approval of February 18, 2004 agenda.
- Begin with Major Discussion Items
10:30 a.m. Vice President Lehmkuhle, Associate Vice President Graham
& Faculty Fellow Wilden to join the meeting
- Discussions with Vice President Lehmkuhle
12:00 p.m. LUNCH
President Floyd and other Vice Preisdents to join the meeting
Discussions with President Floyd and other Vice Presidents
1:00 p.m. Continued discussion of agenda items
2:00 p.m. Adjourn
Major Discussion Items
- Budget planning discussion with VP Nikki Krawitz on issues of salary pool, benefits and other preliminary budget assumptions.
- Discussion of the relationships between the UM Campuses, and of the UM with other state-supported institutions of higher education in Missouri ~ Christensen
- Discuss process differences in tenure policies across the four campuses ~ Cottone.
- Trends from post-grievance interviews at UMC ~ Christensen
- Report from VP Ken Hutchinson on contract periods.
- Progress in merger of UM with Northwest.
- Acceptance of 310.080 Faculty Workload draft by IFC.
- Information from first FAS implemenation taskforce meeting on 2/18/2004 8:30 a.m. IFC members: Christensen, Hilgers, Pierce and Waterborg.
- Update (if necessary) on any significant actions in Program Audit on the campuses.
- Consolidation of System President and Columbia Chancellor.
Agenda items (as time permits)
- Academic Dishonesty.
- “Rule of 85” retirement as option to prevent disruptive VERIP actions.
- Will IFC start a policy initiative forbidding Consensual Relationships between faculty and students?
NEXT MEETING DATE: Wednesday, March 17, 2004