President’s Award for Faculty Engagement
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
- There are two categories of Faculty Engagement Awards.
- The Community Engagement Award recognizes faculty who are engaged in exemplary community engagement activities such as volunteerism, service-learning, educational programming and outreach.
- The Cross-Cultural Engagement Award recognizes faculty who promote cross-cultural engagement through education, research, and/or service.
Number of awards and award amounts
- There will be up to two $5,000 faculty engagement awards per year, less applicable taxes. The distribution of the awards across the two categories will depend on the strength of the applicant pool for each category.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- All benefits-eligible faculty may be nominated. A nominee's appointment may not be more than 50% administrative.
Who may nominate?
- Candidates may be nominated by any benefits-eligible faculty member or administrator.
- Representatives from each campus will be appointed by the provost.
Timeline for awards
- Call for nominations:
October 14, 2014
- Nomination deadline:
January 30, 2015
- Announcement of Awardee:
May 1, 2015