Faculty Innovation Awards
Applications are currently not being accepted for this program.
Contact the MU Institute for Clinical and Translational Science for more information.
The MU Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (MU-iCATS), the UM System Vice President for Research and Economic Development, and the Missouri Innovation Center, Inc. (MIC) announce the availability of a mentoring program, residency privileges at the MU Life Science Business Incubator, and modest funding support to assist faculty innovators with the earliest phases of assessing or advancing the commercialization of inventions arising from their research. Innovations arising in the field of clinical and translational science that are projected to have strong commercial potential will be given highest priority for funding.
MU Faculty can compete for the equivalent of $12,500 in the form of a Faculty Innovation Award to advance the commercialization of their research-based clinical and translational innovations.
The selection criteria will be as follows:
- Intellectual merit of the innovation
- Size of the opportunity (problem, market) being addressed
- Novelty of the proposed solution
- Ability of the solution to compete, patent status, openness of the competitive landscape
- Feasible channels to market
- Potential to be the nucleus of a new company
- Potential to qualify for an SBIR/STTR grant
- Potential to secure investment capital
To see the full award details, download this Request for Applications. (Word document will download.)
Click here to download the application form. (Word document will download.)