President’s Award for Innovative Teaching
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
- The Innovative Teaching Award recognizes faculty who are outstanding teachers and who employ novel and innovative teaching methods to achieve success in student learning.
Number of awards and award amounts
- There will be up to one $5,000 award per year, less applicable taxes.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- All benefits-eligible faculty may be nominated. A nominee's appointment may not be more than 50% administrative.
Who may nominate?
- Candidates may be nominated by any benefits-eligible faculty member or administrator.
- Representatives from each campus will be appointed by the provost.
Timeline for awards
- Call for nominations: October 12, 2012
- Nomination deadline: February 1, 2013
- Announcement of Awardee: Mid-April
(click cancel when uminfopoint box comes up and word document will open)