President’s Award for Excellence
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
- There are two categories of Faculty Awards for Excellence.
- The Early Career Award recognizes faculty who exhibit exceptional promise within their first seven years with the university. Promise may be demonstrated in scholarship, research, or creativity. Total professional experience since award of highest degree may not exceed ten years.
- The Sustained Excellence Award recognizes faculty for distinguished career-long, sustained excellence in scholarship, research, or creativity, for a period of fifteen or more years.
Number of awards and award amounts
- There will be up to two $5,000 Excellence Awards per year, less applicable taxes. The distribution of the awards across the two categories will depend on the strength of the applicant pool for each category.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- All benefits-eligible faculty who meet the employment criterion may be nominated. A nominee's appointment may not be more than 50% administrative.
Who may nominate?
- Candidates may be nominated by any benefits-eligible faculty member or administrator.
- Representatives from each campus will be appointed by the provost.
Timeline for awards
- Call for nominations: October 12, 2012
- Nomination deadline: February 1, 2013
- Announcement of Awardee: Mid-April
(click cancel when uminfopoint box comes up and word document will open)