The Thomas Jefferson Award
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
- The Thomas Jefferson Award recognizes faculty who rise above excellence and demonstrate clear distinction in teaching, research, writing, creative activities, and service to the University of Missouri and humankind.
Number of awards and award amounts
- There will be up to one $10,000 award, less applicable taxes. The award also includes the Thomas Jefferson Cup.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- Any faculty member, active or emeritus, associated with one of the campuses for at least ten years may be nominated. The award will be given annually.
Who may nominate?
- Candidates may be nominated by any benefits-eligible faculty member or administrator.
- Representatives from each campus will be appointed by the provost.
Timeline for awards
- Call for nominations:
October 14, 2013
- Nomination deadline:
January 31, 2014
- Announcement of Awardee:
May 1, 2014