Design Project Management Support
Facilities Planning & Development (FPD) provides support for all University projects with a construction cost greater than $500,000. Campus Design & Construction staff notifies FPD of projects by submitting a Project Information Form (PIF).
The resources below are available for all university project managers.
- Collected Rules & Regulations for Design & Construction
- BPM-109 Design & Construction Delegation of Authority and General Policies
- UM Building Code: Information on the board of curator building code policy is found in section 2.4 of the Consultant Procedures and Design Guidelines.
- Facilities Management Policy & Procedure Manual: Outlines university policy & procedure for hiring consultants, contract documents, bidding and construction.
AE Selection Resources
- Project Delivery and AE Fee Worksheet: used to plan the project delivery method and estimate the AE fees on a design project.
- AE Selection Summary: used to document the qualifications based AE selection. Submit to FPD for any agreements to be approved by the UM Contracting Officer.
- AE M/WBE Summary: used to document the M/WBE participation on the AE team. Submit to FPD for any agreements to be approved by the UM Contracting Officer.
- Consultant Database: The Project Manager uses the Consultant Database and their judgment to develop a list of potential qualified consultants for every new project.
Approval to Advertise Resources
- UM Bid Approval Checklist: used to review project bidding requirements to gain approval to advertise. Prepared before the final review by the project manager.
- UM Construction Advertisement Worksheet: used to prepare the advertisement with the UM Contractor Database including direct e-mail and fax notice to contractors. Please allow support staff three days for processing.
Construction Contract Approval Resources
- Request for Additional M/WBE Bid information: used to request additional M/WBE information from a construction bidder
- Construction Backup Templates : used to prepare the Construction Backup for construction contracts and design-build contracts greater than $500,000. Submit to FPD at time of contract award with the Construction Bid Tab.
- Construction Bid Tab: used to prepare the Construction Bid Tab for construction contracts and design-build contracts greater than $500,000. Submit to FPD at time of contract award with the Construction Backup.
- Construction Contract M/WBE Participation Summary: used to document the M/WBE participation. For Contract Awards greater than $500,000. Submit to FPD at time of contract award with the Construction Bid Tab.
Reviewed December 04, 2012.