1105 Carrie Franke Drive, Suite 109
Columbia, Missouri 65211
(573) 882-7861 fax
News and Information
Facilities Planning and Development
Facilities Planning & Development supports the success of the university campuses and the system in the following areas.
- Design & Construction
- Capital Project Plans and Budget Requests
- Facilities Related Information and Reports
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the University’s office of the Building Code Authority having jurisdiction under CRR 70.060. Develop policies and processes to insure that design and construction complies with the University’s building codes. Educate and monitor to insure compliance with policy and resolve disputes when necessary.
- Develop and promulgate with campus administration, University Design & Construction Policy & Procedure, including those policies noted in CRR 70.060 and in the Facilities Management Policy & Procedure Manual and the Consultant Procedures & Design Guidelines Manual. Educate and monitor to insure compliance with policy and resolve disputes when necessary.
- Develop and promulgate with campus administration, University Design & Construction Standards, including the continuous improvement and maintenance of the standards in the Consultant Procedures & Design Guidelines Manual and all standardized documents. Educate and monitor to insure compliance with university design and construction standards.
- Develop reporting guidelines for and prepare Facilities Related Reports including the annual UM Capital Report and the State Capital Appropriations Request, the Maintenance & Repair Report, the Facilities Inventory Report, the Design & Construction M/WBE report, and the Facilities Annual Report. Set policy and specify data parameters for UM facility databases, collect information from the campuses, serve as the facilities information source for UM system and external agencies, and provide interpretive analysis of data.
- Serve as the System Coordinator for the Board Approvals and Reports for all items listed under CRR 70.060 and related to the design & construction program. Set the standards and provide advice and assistance to the campuses in preparing for approval of those items noted in CRR 70.060.
- Provide UM System Contracting Officer support. Set requirements and processes, and expeditious process contracts for design & construction. Set requirements and processes to report design & construction data.
- Enforce and Administer the Prevailing Wage Program. Develop polices and processes to ensure Prevailing Wage requirements are followed.
- Consult with university staff on administrative and technical issues to support the campus management of projects and capital related initiatives
- Facilitate collaboration, education, and innovation on facilities issues with and between the campuses.
- Engage in continuous process improvement of services and processes both within Facilities Planning & Development and within the system.