Show-Me Shop offers a Number of Benefits at Many Stages of the Procurement Process:
Benefits for Requesters:
- One-stop "shopping experience" with the ability to order from multiple suppliers without leaving the office.
- No need to remember multiple web sites or to set up individual accounts/profiles with each vendor.
- Vendors included in Show Me Shop are all contracted vendors.
- Complete on-line hosted catalogs are accessible with pre-negotiated discounted prices.
- Comparison feature is available for hosted vendors.
- Users don't need to manage credit card receipts for orders.
- No dollar limitation on orders since all items have already been bid.
- Vendors receive orders electronically the same day they are placed resulting in a quicker turn around time for the order.
- E-mail notification of order fulfillment status (in stock, delivered, backordered, etc.)
- Desktop delivery for Show Me Shop orders.
Benefits for Department Administration:
- Greater executive visibility into spend.
- E-mail approval notifications sent with links to approval page.
- No receiving required for Show Me Shop contract orders.
- No monthly reconciliation of receipts.
- No paper invoices to process.
- Reduced credit card exposure.
- Up-front cost savings for department since vendors are offering additional discounts to be a part of the Show Me Shop.
Benefits for Procurement:
- Centralized influence of purchasing process, with decentralized execution.
- Better contract compliance, which results in additional cost savings and advantages to future contract negotiations.
- Better communication with suppliers. Vendors that are part of the Show Me Shop assign teams that are dedicated to working with the University of Missouri.
- University-wide cost savings and added efficiencies.
Show-Me Shop Savings
Show-Me Shop vs PCARD Process-Comparative Outline
Quill Lost Savings Report - (15 Quill Invoices vs. Show-Me Shop Pricing)
SMS vs Online Shopping Report
Total Cost of Ownership Article
Anticipated Savings for Catalog Suppliers
- Hotline e-mail
- Hospital and Clinics: 884-1234
- Missouri S&T Campus: 341-4266 or 877-752-1117 (after hrs)
- UMKC Campus: 235-1371
- UMSL Campus: 516-5366
- UMSYS, UOEXT, MU Campuses: 882-3201
- Toll Free All Campuses: 877-752-3334
- Procurement Hotline may be unavailable Mondays from 2:30-3:30pm for staff meeting.