Endowment Funds - Summary—Balanced Pool (main endowment pool)
- The university's Balanced Pool is designed to continue into perpetuity.
- The university is a long-term investor.
- Investment policy guidelines were adopted by the University of Missouri Board of Curators in 1991 and last amended in Jan. 2007.
- The objective is to provide income for expenditure while preserving the purchasing power of the endowment principal.
- The Balanced Pool is diversified across asset classes to reduce overall portfolio risk.
- Investments in the Balanced Pool are managed by professional money managers.
- The investment and performance of the Pool is monitored by the Office of the Treasurer.