Endowment Pool FAQs
- What funds are included in our Endowment Pool?
- How large is the University of Missouri’s Endowment?
- What is the University of Missouri’s spending policy?
- Who sets the Endowment Investment Policy?
- What is the Endowment Investment Policy?
- How are Investment Managers selected?
- Who should I contact if my investment management firm is interested in doing business with the Endowment Pool?
- Who is responsible for fundraising for the Endowment Pool?
- If I want to make a gift, whom should I contact?
- How can I get more information?
The Endowment Pool includes all gifts, bequests, and other funds directed to be used to support a University program in perpetuity. Some donors require such a commitment as a condition of their gift. These donations are referred to as "true endowments." Other funds may be assigned to function as endowments by the Board of Curators or by University administration. These are referred to as "quasi endowments."
Examples of activities supported by true and quasi endowments include:
- chairs, professorships, and lectureships
- research support
- unrestricted use
The most recent quarterly performance report can be found here.
The University’s Spending policy for the Endowment Pool can be found here.
The Curators of the University of Missouri set the Endowment Investment Policy.
The University’s Endowment Pool Investment Policy can be found here.
The University’s policy for Manager Selection, Monitoring and Retention can be found here.
The University’s investment consultant is Strategic Investment Solutions (SIS). Please contact Manager Research at SIS, (415) 362-3484, if your firm is interested in doing business with the Endowment Pool.
Each University of Missouri campus has a development office that is responsible for the fundraising of that campus.
- MS&T Office of Annual Giving
- MU Development and Alumni Relations
- UMKC Campus Development Office
- UMSL Development Office
118 University Hall
Columbia, MO 65211