Retirement Fund Summary
- The university’s Retirement Fund is designed to continue into perpetuity.
- The university is a long-term investor.
- Investment policy guidelines were adopted by the University of Missouri Board of Curators in 1991 and last amended in June 2009.
- The objective is to provide for the full and timely payment of retirement, disability and death benefits to qualified employees.
- The Retirement Fund is diversified across asset classes to reduce overall portfolio risk.
- Investments in the Retirement Fund are managed by professional money managers.
- The investment and performance of the Fund is monitored by the Office of the Treasurer.