Administrative Leadership Development Program
"The ALDP was a wonderful opportunity to develop in several professional areas. It facilitated introspection on my own personal leadership style, strengths and weaknesses. The program also helped me build a larger network of colleagues, not only from my own campus but from the entire 4 campus UM system."
The Administrative Leadership Development Program (ALDP) provides professional development opportunities to a small group of selected leaders from across the University of Missouri System. The University of Missouri seeks applications from administrators within the University of Missouri each fall for a spring cohort. We strive to select a diverse group of leaders that includes a wide range of experience and expertise. Potential participants should:
- demonstrate performance as an administrative leader;
- provide leadership to units with a significant impact on services and resources of the university;
- have potential for advancement to other leadership roles;
- demonstrate interest in personal and professional development;
- have the ability to attend all sessions and activities of the program;
- have the active support of his/her supervisor(s) and unit; and
- be willing to serve as a "peer coach" to others in the program.
- Learn more about yourself and your leadership characteristics
- Further your development as a leader
- Meet other leaders throughout the UM System
- Work with others to make a difference on your campus
- Complete the application (located on the ALDP website)
- Discuss the program with your supervisor and obtain endorsement for your participation in the program
- Submit your application electronically to the Talent Management Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be received by December 6, 2013
- An email will be sent confirming receipt of your application
- Each applicant will receive an email notifying them whether or not they have been selected to the program
- Introductory Meeting
A two-hour meeting to get results of your first self-assessment, get a better understanding of the other assessments and pre-retreat work, discuss logistics for the retreat and get answers to any additional questions you may have.
April 21-23, 2014
Spend three days in Columbia, MO with highly skilled facilitators while getting to know other leaders from the other University of Missouri campuses. Learn about your leadership style through feedback from both self-assessments and a 360o assessment.
- Follow-up Sessions
Connect again with the ALDP group for three follow up sessions over the course of the year. These one day sessions will focus on topics relevant to the group, such as enhancing trust, managing people, and developing a strategic vision. Follow-up session dates are chosen at the retreat.
- Monthly Campus Meetings
Join ALDP colleagues each month to discuss current issues you may be facing, upcoming campus initiatives and share ideas and advice.
- This professional development opportunity is provided by the UM Human Resources, with no cost to participants. Each participant's home unit is expected to cover travel and lodging costs.
2014 Potential Cohort
|2014 Cohort Applications Due|
|04.21-23.13||2014 Cohort Retreat|
|04.16-18.13||2013 Cohort Retreat|
|06.27.13||Follow-up Session #1|
|11.04.13||Follow-up Session #2|
|Follow-up Session #3|
- Office of Talent Management
Greg Holliday, Ph.D., Director of Leadership Development
Jill Wood, Ph.D., Director of Talent Management
Katina Volle, Coordinator of Talent Management
- Contact a past participant (list located on LDP website)