Leadership Development Program
104 University Hall
Columbia, MO 65203
(573) 884-1878 phone
(573) 884-4511 fax
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) provides leadership development opportunities and ongoing support to academic leaders on all four campuses. The University of Missouri seeks applications from faculty administrators within the University of Missouri each spring for a fall cohort. We strive to select a diverse group of leaders who represent all campuses and disciplines and include a wide range of experience and expertise. This program enhances effective leadership to create the conditions for high performance, high commitment, and cultural competence in the academic setting.
- Learn more about yourself and your leadership characteristics
- Further your development as a leader
- Expand your professional network
- Engage with colleagues on critical leadership challenges
Department chairs and other academic leaders are encouraged to visit with their dean and/or provost about being nominated for participation. The Provost on each campus along with the Academic Deans will formally recommend candidates. Typically, we receive more applications than we can accept. Unfortunately, not all nominees will be selected for participation in the Leadership Development Program. This is an ongoing program and all interested academic leaders are encouraged to reapply for participation in future years. All application questions should be directed to your campus Provost's Office.
- Obtain participation endorsement from your dean.
- Submit application to the Provost's Office by the deadline.
- Provost reviews applications and recommends candidates to the Office of Talent Management
- Applications are due in the Provost's Office by Friday, May 16, 2014
- Each applicant will receive an email notifying them if he/she has been selected to the program
- Introductory Meeting
A two-hour meeting to get results of your first self-assessment, get a better understanding of the other assessments and pre-retreat work, discuss logistics for the retreat and get answers to any additional questions you may have.
September 22-24, 2014
Spend three days in Columbia, MO learning about your leadership style through feedback from both self-assessments and a 360o assessment. Work with other academic leaders from throughout the system to improve your leadership effectiveness.
- Follow-up Sessions
In addition to the intensive fall component, all participants will come back together three times throughout the year for one-day sessions to concentrate on topics of interest to the group.
- Monthly Campus Meetings
Local campus groups are encouraged to meet once a month to discuss common concerns and campus issues, and to share ideas and advice.
- This professional development opportunity is provided by the UM Human Resources, with no cost to participants. Each participant's home unit is expected to cover travel and lodging costs.
|09.22-24.14||2014 Cohort Retreat|
|TBD||Follow-up Session #1|
|TBD||Follow-up Session #2|
|TBD||Follow-up Session #3|
- Office of Talent Management
Greg Holliday, Ph.D., Director of Talent Management
Jill Wood, Ph.D., Assistant Director of Talent Management
Katina Volle, Coordinator of Talent Management
- Contact a past participant (list located on LDP website)