Links to Useful Resources
- Leadership Issues for Department Chairs
- Enhancing Learning - Impact of Technology on Learning
- Assessment and Evaluation
Leadership Issues for Department Chairs
- Faculty Recruitment Study from The Project on Faculty Appointments at Harvard University.
- Department Chair Online Resource Center from the American Council on Education. Collection of resources addresses core questions about the job of being Department Chair.
- Article on transformational leadership with a list of common leadership traits for transformational leadership.
- Good practices for mentoring new career faculty
- The report on tenure and good practices from ACE and AAUP (PDF)
- Managing Change Excellent series of guides on how to manage change in higher education institutions from the American Council on Education On Change III—
- Taking Charge of Change: A Primer for Colleges and Universities, 2000 (PDF)
- On Change II—Reports from the Road: Insights on Institutional Change, 1999 (PDF)
- On Change I—En Route to Transformation, 1998 (PDF)
Enhancing Learning - Impact of Technology on Learning
- Implementing the Seven Principles: Technology as Lever (Chickering & Ehrmann) links technology to the advancement of teaching and leaning.
- What Do We Need to Learn about Technology Use in Education? (Ehrmann) addresses questions on “magic”’ investments, costs, and impacting practice. Check it out.
- A national report on the current status of graduate education
- Merlot: Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning Online and Teaching.
Assessment and Evaluation
- What Outcomes Assessment Misses (Ehrmann) considers outcome assessment and some common misconceptions.
Accessibility: We provide accommodations to people with disabilities upon request. If you encounter something that is not accessible on the Peoplesoft HR Training pages, please call Tech Support at (573) 882-5000 for assistance.