Curators extend UM System President Gary Forsee’s contract
- Phone: (573) 882-0607
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The UM Board of Curators today announced that the term of appointment for University of Missouri System President Gary Forsee has been extended from three years to five years. The extension will defer the performance-based component of his salary for the full five-year term before any payment would occur.
"The extension in term is consistent with Mr. Forsee's desire to make a long-term commitment to the University of Missouri," said University of Missouri Board of Curators Chair Cheryl Walker. "The Board of Curators is pleased that Mr. Forsee will lead our university well into the next decade."
In addition, the curators approved the initial performance objectives for Forsee's first year as president. The objectives include:
- Development of a strategic plan for the UM System, with initial emphasis on University of Missouri Health Care
- Development and implementation of a performance management system for all general officers
- Focus and evolution of The Missouri 100 as a select advisory group to the president
- Recommendation by the end of the year for a "best in class" distance education system
- Confirmation of key measures of accountability for the university with broad disclosure of those measures
The complete list of performance measures may be found at: http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/president/performance.shtml.