BPM-1101 Forms Management
Revised May 1, 2009
FORMS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES TO BE FOLLOWED
Each department on all campuses, in coordination with Forms Management, shall promote sound forms management practices to achieve optimum efficiency in the flow of necessary information within the University. Forms should be employed only when transmittal or recording of information is absolutely necessary to the operation of the University and only when they serve as the most economical and timely means of communication.
UNIVERSITY FORMS MANAGEMENT
Forms Management is a part of Records Management. Responsibilities of the program are to:
- Plan, develop and establish forms management policy for the UM System.
- Provide an efficient forms program for the orderly gathering and processing of University information in the most cost-effective manner.
- Meet with departmental personnel to identify and analyze information needs, information flow, continuity and readability in order to facilitate the design/revision of UM System forms.
- Coordinate revision of existing UM System forms with University departments.
- Secure approval from authorized approval authority for all new and revised UM System forms.
- Design/draft forms and issue specifications for UM System forms design.
- Post on-line forms to the web and coordinate the maintenance of these forms.
- Coordinate printing/purchasing of new and inventory replacement hardcopy UM System forms.
- Coordinate the warehousing, inventory control and distribution of hardcopy UM System forms.
- Maintain appropriate records of UM System forms.
UNIVERSITY FORMS USE
Departments are required to use the UM System forms whenever possible. No deviation is allowed without prior approval. If a feasible reason exists for some deviation, contact Records Management who will secure the required approvals and coordinate the design and production of the form.
If a deviation is requested that does not have a detrimental effect on the total system, it may be approved. However, the cost of the different form must be funded by the requesting campus/department.
UNIVERSITY SYSTEM FORMS
The forms listed on the Records Management UM System Forms website can either be filled out online and then printed or printed and filled out by hand. Forms are in Microsoft Excel and/or Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (.pdf) format.
The following sites provide online UM System Forms:
- Finance & Administration
- Human Resources
- Records Management
- Risk & Insurance Management
The following are complete lists of all UM System Forms, some of which are not online:
The systematic management of the analysis, development, approval, printing/purchasing/publishing, storage/distribution, use and disposal of forms.
University of Missouri System Form
Any University of Missouri form can be considered a UM System form and managed by Forms Management when:
- Used by more than one major location (campus, UM System, hospital, etc.).
- Similar departments (accounting, personnel, procurement, etc.) on the different campuses are required to use the same form.
- The majority of departments within the University use the same form.
Any University of Missouri form used by more than one department on only one campus and managed by that campus.
Any University of Missouri form used by only one department, regardless of location, and managed by that department.
CAMPUS AND DEPARTMENT FORMS
Forms Management does not have any direct responsibilities for campus or department forms. It does assist departments in:
- Analyzing forms requirements and systems paper flow.
- Designing new or revised forms.
- Securing printing and/or purchasing forms.
- Establishing a department forms inventory program.