Records & Records Management
BPM-901 Organization & Services
Revised July 17, 2009
Records Management is a part of UM Management Services. Under the direction of the Records Management Director, its responsibilities are to:
- Plan, develop and establish records management policy for the UM System.
- Plan and develop long-range goals for the University in the area of records and information needs.
- Develop realistic records retention and disposal schedules.
- Arrange for the orderly transfer of inactive records to the University Records Center.
- Maintain a vital records protection program.
- Develop filing systems that will assure efficient usage and prompt retrieval of records.
- Provide supervision of the UM System's Forms Management program.
- Provide assistance to all University departments in matters relating to records management, electronic records, filing systems, microfilm and electronic imaging systems and forms management.
UNIVERSITY RECORDS CENTER
The Records Center, located in Columbia, provides low cost centralized storage for inactive University records and permanent storage for the University Archives and Western Historical Manuscripts (all campuses).
Microfilming of University records is available from microfilm service bureaus in Kansas City and St. Louis. See the Records Management website:
Click "Microfilm" under Records management on the left side of the screen to access the current contract information, names of current vendors and other microfilm information.
For information about Records Management Services related to records retention, filing systems, records disaster planning and prevention, use of the Records Center, Forms Management and contacting Records Management staff see Records Management's website or check your campus phone directory for the main Records Managements phone number.