Chapter 70: Execution of Instruments
70.010 General Execution of Corporate or Board Instruments
172.390, R.S.Mo. 1959; Bd. Min. 4-11-58, p. 12,512; Amended 5-20-77, p. 37,690 and 3-28-80, p. 38,100; Revised Bd. Min. 6-14-85; 1-21-98, Revised Bd. Min. 5-5-06.
- All Instruments—All instruments affecting The Curators of the University of Missouri, the Board of Curators of the University of Missouri, or the University generally shall be executed on behalf thereof as provided in this section unless execution thereof shall have otherwise been specifically provided for and directed by the Board.
- Real Estate
- Any of the lands donated by the Atlantic & Pacific Railroad Company to the State of Missouri by deed dated the sixteenth day of February, 1871, and all other lands conveyed by corporations or individuals to the State of Missouri for sale in aid of the state university, may be sold and conveyed by the board of curators, and deeds of conveyance to same shall be executed by the president of the board, signed by him, with the seal of the corporation attached thereto, and attested by the secretary of the board; and provided further, that any conveyances of such lands heretofore made by said board in accordance with the provisions of this section shall divest the State of Missouri of all title to the same and vest said title in the grantees, their heirs and assigns forever.
- Instruments conveying title to real estate owned by The Curators of the University of Missouri shall, upon approval of same by the Board of Curators or University President as delegated by the Board, be executed in the name of The Curators of the University of Missouri and signed by the President of the University or his/her designee, with the corporate seal affixed, attested by the Secretary.
- All Contracts, Other Instruments and Agreements—All contracts and other instruments and agreements of The Curators of the University of Missouri shall be executed in the name of The Curators of the University of Missouri and signed by the President thereof, the President of the University, the Vice President for Finance and Administration, or such other officer as may be specifically designated by the Board, and the corporate seal may be affixed, attested by the Secretary. The named officers may, by written authorization, delegate special authority to sign specific instruments on their behalf to the Chancellor of each campus. The named officers and the Chancellors receiving delegation from such officers may, by specific written authorization, delegate to one or more designees all or partial authority to sign instruments on their behalf, such written authorization to be filed with the President, Vice President for Finance and Administration, and Secretary of The Board of Curators.
- Agreements Binding on Board
- Any instrument heretofore or hereafter executed in conformity with this Section 70.010 shall have the same force and validity as if executed by the President of the Board;
- No contract or other instrument or agreement which has not been duly authorized by The Board of Curators and executed in the manner herein provided or in a manner specifically provided and directed by the Board shall be binding upon The Curators of the University of Missouri.