Chapter 110: Use of Facilities and Equipment
110.020 Service and Use Fees
Executive Order No. 8, 10-1-70, Amended 12-23-70; Bd. Min. 11-21-80; Revised 10-1-98.
In accordance with the provisions of the Board of Curators Regulations, Section 110.020 the following Fees and Rules for applications thereof are hereby established.
- Service Fee
- A service fee may be established for all facilities used or owned by the University for short courses, non-credit courses, conferences, seminars, symposia, colloquia, meetings, institutes, and activities similar in nature to these specified activities.
- The computation of such service fee shall be made by the Extension Division.
- Use Fee
- A use fee is hereby established for all designated facilities used or owned by the University for those functions or activities for which such use fee is to be charged under this order.
- Such use fee shall be established for the following buildings:
- Multipurpose Auditorium
- Livestock Center
- Memorial Union (when school is not in session)
- Brady Commons (when school is not in session)
- Memorial Stadium and Faurot Field
- Kansas City:
- Pierson Hall
- Multipurpose Building
- University Center (when school is not in session)
- St. Louis:
- Multipurpose Building
- J. C. Penney Building
- Student Center (when school is not in session)
- Additional facilities on each campus may be designated when school is not in session upon the payment of the regularly established use fee and upon recommendation of the Chancellor and approval of the President.
- Such use fee, when otherwise applicable under University regulations, may be waived or modified only by the President upon recommendation of the Chancellor.
- Such use fee shall be collected by the Business Officer or his representative.
- A written contract approved by the General Counsel shall be required for any facility requiring a use fee.
- Schedules of use fees shall be prepared by the Business Officer of each campus subject to approval by the Assistant Vice President for Management Services.
- Application of Fees -- Who Shall Pay
- No Fee Shall be Charged
- For use of regularly assigned space in University buildings for the use for which the assignment is made under Section 110.010 B.1, B.2 and B.3.
- For duly recognized student organizations for normal activities.
(1) If the activity involves sale of anything, the solicitation of subscriptions or the collection of dues, such activity requires the prior authorization of the Business Officer or Chancellor.
- Ad hoc groups of students with written prior approval of the Chancellor.
- Any advisory committee or board of the University.
- A Service Fee Shall Be Charged
- For a non-student group sponsored by or invited by an instructional or administrative division or department as a part of its educational program with approval of the dean or appropriate administrative officer.
- For nonstudent groups sponsored by a learned, educational, professional or scientific society for organizational or educational purposes when recommended by a dean or other appropriate administrative officer.
- All off campus University affiliated, sponsored or invited activities, if such fee would apply were such activity held on campus.
- A Use Fee Shall be Charged for Designated Facilities
- For nonaffiliated, nonsponsored groups approved in writing by the Chancellor.
- For any group or organization, including student, faculty or non-academic employees of the University:
(1) Which is not specifically exempted under Section 110.020 C.1 hereof, or
(2) Which charges admission to the function involved, or
(3) Which solicits donations at the function involved, or
(4) Which derives a financial profit, or
(5) Which declares a dividend among its members.
- No Fee Shall be Charged
- Scheduling of Space -- Required space shall be scheduled in accordance with established procedures on each campus.
- Student -- For the purpose of this rule, the definition of a student as defined by the Board of Curators shall be restricted to one who has paid the incidental fee established by the Board of Curators either on a full-time or part-time basis. Where an incidental fee has been established for a specific educational activity or program of study, persons enrolled shall be considered a student only for that activity or program.
- Special Services, Equipment, Labor or Materials -- Any request or requirement for special services, equipment, labor or materials shall be furnished on a cost reimbursable basis in addition to any use fee or service fee.
- This Rule Shall Become Effective as Follows:
- Upon this date for applications for approval of use of facilities filed on or after this date.
- Upon this date for use of facilities not yet committed without fee.
- For those activities for which the University is committed on this date for use of facilities without charge, such fees shall be waived.
Next Rule: 110.030 Keys to Doors and Buildings
Previous Rule: 110.015 Facilities Needs Funding and Reporting