Chapter 320: Employment and Termination
320.020 President’s Authority
Bd. Min. 4-7-67, p. 33,193; Bd. Min. 3-17-72, p. 36,323.
- The President shall have the following specific authority:
- To make or change academic appointments or salaries within the budget,
- To accept resignations and discharge faculty,
- To make or change appointments, change salaries, accept resignations or discharge employees in non-academic positions, including the Crippled Children’s Service.
- Exception—Any appointment or change of appointment of Vice Presidents, Chancellors or Curators Professors shall be reported to and approved by the Board before the effective date thereof.
- All such appointments shall be made, regardless of the terms named in the appointments, subject to termination at the pleasure of the Board of Curators.
- All annually appointed personnel actions shall be made in writing and filed with the Secretary of the Board prior to the date on which the action shall become effective, and shall be reported to the Board of Curators at the next meeting thereof.
- Any appointments so made shall be in accordance with existing policies and scales of pay for the University in effect at the time of such appointment.