Chapter 360: Compensation
360.015 Special Considerations for Academic Administrators with Tenure
Executive Guideline No. 36, 4-2-07
- Offer letters for academic administrators being hired with regular or non-regular faculty appointments should include a clear statement describing how their salary will be calculated should they return to faculty positions.
- Regular and non-regular faculty members currently employed at the University of Missouri who accept new administrative appointments should receive appointment letters specifying the nature of their initial administrative assignments and containing information describing any additional administrative stipends. The letter should include a clear statement describing how their salary will be calculated should they return to faculty positions.
- For academic administrators with tenure in their faculty appointments and where no previous arrangements were negotiated, the following guidelines are utilized when they return to faculty positions.
- In determining faculty salaries consideration should be given to both the internal and external market conditions within the academic discipline to which the individual is returning.
- Persons would not receive more than 82% of their administrative salary when moving to nine month faculty positions.
- Other arrangements can be negotiated but must be approved by authorized officials in accordance with 320.030 Delegation of Authority – Executive Order No. 6.