CRM 402 - Physical Facilities - Construction
For Operations With Risk Classifications of High or Medium-High - To the degree possible and practical, as determined by Campus Business Services, the design of the physical facilities of each cash handling operation with a risk classification of HIGH or MEDIUM-HIGH may incorporate any or all of these construction features:
Interior entrance doors with:
- Key lock or combination lock.
- Electric door switch with automatic closing mechanism.
- Bullet-proof windows for recognition of authorized personnel.
- For any doors which open directly from the cash handling area to the outside:
- Sheet metal reinforcement.
- Dead bolt locks with pin tumbler cylinders which are key operated from both inside and outside.
- Perimeter walls constructed from floor to ceiling.
- Provisions to physically separate the cashiers and those counting and handling money from other office employees.
- If it is determined necessary by Campus Business Services for the cashiering station being considered, bullet-proof glass with:
- Speaking slots.
- Openings for passing money in and out which are small enough or properly protected to prevent a gun from being inserted or pointed at an employee inside.