Facilities Management Policy and Procedure Manual Homepage
This manual is maintained by Facilities Planning and Development, UM. You can access the different sections through the links below. the documents are in PDF format.
- Chapter 1 Introduction: Purpose contains the purpose and organization of the manual.
- Chapter 2: Design & Construction Policy contains general design and construction policies.
- Chapter 3: Building and Fire Code Policy.
- Chapter 4: Planning.
- Chapter 5: Project Delivery Methods. The University of Missouri intends to make the best and most cost-effective use of construction funding and to build high quality facilities respective to functionality and appearance. Regardless of the delivery system, the university awards design contracts through a qualifications based process and awards construction contracts to the lowest, responsive, responsible bidder or bidders based on pre-established criteria.
- Chapter 6: Competitive Bid (Design-Bid-Build) Project Delivery Method. This chapter outlines the procedures for design and construction procurement using the Competitive Bid project delivery method.
- Chapter 7: Design-Build Project Delivery Method. This chapter outlines the procedures and construction using the Design-Build project delivery method.
- Chapter 8: Construction Manager at Risk Project Delivery Method. This chapter outlines the procedures for design and construction procurement using the Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) project delivery method. Criteria to be consisered in determing if a project is a good candidate for construction management at risk are outlined in Chapter 5.
- Chapter 9: Construction Manger Agency.
- Chapter 10: Master Construction Agreement (JOC) Project Delivery Method. This chapter outlines the procedures for design and construction procurement using the Master Construction project delivery method. This delivery method may be used on projects where construction cost is below $1 million.
- Chapter 11: Information Systems and Facilities Reports.
- Chapter 12: Definitions. A list of terms and their definitions include basic project managment terms at the University of Missouri.