HR-404 Sick Leave Q&As
1. Are employees permitted to claim paid time off based on their daily schedule even if it results in regular pay in excess of their weekly FTE?
Employees can voluntarily elect to limit how much paid time off they claim in a week where they have worked hours beyond their regular daily schedule. However, departments cannot require employees to claim less paid time off in order to limit the amount of regular pay in a work week.
|Regular work schedule||8 hours||8 hours||8 hours||8 hours||8 hours|
|Actual Hours Worked||Sick Day||9 hours||9 hours||9 hours||9 hours|
|Hours paid||8 hours||9 hours||9 hours||9 hours||9 hours||Total = 44 hours regular pay|
2. Who can be designated as a Sponsored Adult Dependent?
Employees may designate a sponsored adult dependent meeting the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have shared the same resident for at least 12 months and continue to share a residence
- Not be married to another person
- Not be related by blood to the employee or retired employee
- Not Medicare eligible
Date Created: 1/26/99
Last Updated: 1/1/14