402 Methods of Issuance and Receipt of Bids/Proposals
It is the policy of the University when preparing competitive bids, that a sufficient number of vendors should be contacted/solicited to ensure fair and open competition in the procurement process. A minimum of three (3) suppliers should be included in a competitive process unless it is determined that it is impracticable to identify three (3).
Procurement staff preparing the documents shall have the discretion to use the most appropriate method to inform potential suppliers of the University’s needs and to determine to whom the requests should be sent.
Procurement staff may take into account the following factors, among others, in determining the method of issuance including but not limited to:
- Complexity of the specifications
- Expected acquisition cost of products/services being requested
- Time constraints
- Number of known suppliers
Examples of appropriate issuance methods:
- U.S. Mail
- Small package delivery services, such as express mail
- Telephone quotation request (for those solicitations between $5,000 and $24,999 – at procurement personnel discretion)
Examples of appropriate receipt methods:
- Solicitations valued at $25,000 or more must be returned as a sealed document. Sealed is to be defined as a method by which no individual may view the document until the “received by date/time” has passed
- Solicitations valued under $25,000 may be received by any method listed above under examples of issuance methods
Standard Terms and Conditions, Waiver and Rejection Rights, Adjustment Negotiations
For more information go to the University Business Policy Manual Section 303 found at http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/rules/bpm/bpm300/manual_303
Construction and Prevailing Wage
For all applicable solicitations, the appropriate prevailing wage rates must be applied to and included in replies to such solicitations. For specific information regarding prevailing wage rates go to the Facilities Planning and Development web site found at http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/fa/management/facilities/wagerates/.
If more information is needed please contact the author of the bid.