1,370 – Number of University owned vehicles
5,309,468 – Number of miles driven last year
Employee arriving at destination safely – Priceless
As a reminder, all individuals who drive any vehicle on Official University Business must have a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle operated. All individuals who drive a vehicle on Official University Business must notify their supervisor if their driving privileges are suspended or revoked per HR policy 504.
University vehicle policy (BPM – 406) has recently been updated. Highlights of the changes include:
- Clarifying definitions of Official University Business, personal use and how vehicles are to be used.
- Emphasizing driver’s primary responsibility for having the appropriate driver’s license and reporting any suspension or revocation of the license to the supervisor.
- Enhancing supervisor’s duty regarding license verification.
- Reminding employees driving a vehicle on Official University Business without a valid driver’s license that they may be ineligible for defense or protection for any claims or damages arising from the result of vehicle operation.
- Prohibiting texting while operating a vehicle and expanding the cell phone section to encompass other wireless devices.
Everyone is encouraged to read the HR policy 504 and BPM 406. For further information on Administrative Responsibilities, review the Risk & Insurance Management FAQs website. If you do not find the information you need, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.