2013 - 4th Quarter

Submitting an Employee Reimbursement in the Travel and Expense System

By Bobbi Walker, Financial Systems Principal, and Donna Johanning, Director of Financial Information Systems

With the new Travel & Expenses System employees are experiencing faster reimbursements. However, they can be delayed due to missing or incorrect information.  Here are a few hints to help you when submitting your Expense Report (ER):

  1. Funding source – Check the funding on your ER before submitting it for approval.  You can set your default funding source on your profile or enter it when you create your ER.


  1. Documentation – Make sure to attach the proper receipts when submitting your Expense Report.  Itemized receipts are required in the following situations:

o    For all expenses of $75 or more. 

o    For any lodging expense, regardless of the amount. 

o    For any expense incurred when you are NOT in travel status, regardless of the amount.


  1. Submitting Receipts – When emailing the receipts for your Expense Report:

o    Address the email to tripreceipt@yourcampus.edu (e.g. tripreceipt@umsl.edu).  The email address may resolve to “UM Controller Imaging TRIP”.

o    Enter the subject in the following required format Transaction#TransactionType.  The transaction types are CA for Cash Advance, ER for Expense Report and TA for Travel Authorization.  (e.g. 0000084529ER)

 Please contact your Campus Accounting Office if you have any questions regarding the use of the Travel and Expenses module. 

For more information on this topic, here are some links:



Print Friendly, PDF & Email