- Message to the UM Community, June, Aug 31
- Message to the UM Community, May 23
- President Middleton to speak at NPC Breakfast, May 19
- Message to the UM Community, May 11
- Statement on the passing of Dr. Mel George, Apr 25
Close the Innovation Deficit
Close the Innovation Deficit is an effort by leaders of the business, higher education, scientific, and high-tech manufacturing communities who are concerned about cuts and stagnating federal investments in research and higher education at a time when other nations are pouring resources into these areas.
These leaders believe the nation needs sustained investments in research and higher education to develop the ideas, the people, and the innovations that power the nation’s economy, create jobs, improve health, and strengthen our national security, ensuring that the U.S. maintains its role as global leader. They also believe that the growth supported by innovation will help the nation address its fiscal challenges.
Trouble viewing the video in your browser? Click here to view video message on YouTube.