Missouri S&T Pursues Innovative Health Solutions
"Lives saved, lives extended and quality of life improved." Chancellor John Carney provides a few fascinating examples of the contributions researchers at Missouri University of Science & Technology have developed to advance Missouri’s health. Professor Emeritus Delbert Day treats tumors with bioactive glass; the use of fluorescent cell-penetrating quantum dots makes cells easily readable; and, with a patient’s personal contribution, Curators’ Teaching Professor Yinfa Ma can detect cancer with the use of his P-Scan test.
Click here to view Chancellor Carney's presentation on Advancing Missouri's Health.
For more information on the role Missouri University of Science and Technology plays in Advancing Missouri's Health, please explore these Web sites:
- Office of Sponsored Programs coordinates the health research pipeline at Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Center for Bone and Tissue Repair and Regeneration; TheraSphere
- Mo-Sci Corporation
- Phelps County Regional Medical Center
- Early cancer detection using biomarkers
- Detection of malignant melanoma with computer-aided analysis of photographs
- Cell-penetrating quantum dots to deliver cellular healing