Flexible work arrangements can be of benefit to both the University of Missouri System and its employees. They are an important strategy to help the university respond to demographic, economic, and technological changes.
Use this webpage to find out more about how to incorporate flexible work arrangements into the workplace.
Access the university's overview and guidelines. Flexibility can be accomplished without changing a department’s regular hours of operation, or altering the responsibility or diminishing the authority of supervisors to establish and adjust work schedules. Any change in regular hours of operation is solely a departmental decision. We suggest the following principles for workplace flexibility.
For UM supervisors
- Build morale
- Decrease tardiness
- Reduce unscheduled absences
- Boost productivity
- Increase employee engagement, motivation and work satisfaction
- Enhance the ability to recruit, motivate and retain the best talent
- Reduce operating costs
For UM employees
- Increase feelings of personal control over schedule and work environment
- Allow people to work when they feel most productive
- Increase work/life effectiveness
- Reduce commuting time and stress
- Cut gas consumption; save money