Intercampus Faculty Council Agendas Wednesday, January 21, 2004
President's Conference Room
9:30 a.m. IFC members
- Call to order.
- Approval of December 16, 2003 minutes.
- Approval of January 21, 2004 agenda.
- Major Discussion Items with Vice President Krawitz (9:30-10:20 a.m.)
10:30 a.m. Vice President Lehmkuhle, Associate Vice President Graham
& Faculty Fellow Wilden to join the meeting
- Discussions with Vice President Lehmkuhle (10:30-12:00 p.m.)
12:00 p.m. LUNCH
President Floyd and other Vice Preisdents to join the meeting
Discussions with President Floyd and other Vice Presidents
1:00 p.m. Continued discussion of agenda items
2:00 p.m. Adjourn
Major Discussion Items
- Discussion with VP Nikki Krawitz of first draft of allocation principles that have been distributed to the campuses, also in context of the issue of staffing support levels.
- Budget discussion with VP Nikki Krawitz by IFC as Budget Committee, possibly including anticipated tuition changes.
- Progress towards FAS implementation. Question to VP Ralph Caruso when users-group, including Christensen, Hilgers, Pierce and Waterborg, will be formed and will start work on system-wide FAS implementation (and starting of a desktop application-integration pilot).
- Short discussion of current draft of the workload policy proposal: new comments by IFC members and input from CAO's on the draft dated December 16, 2003. Plan a meeting of the small IFC subgroup with Steve Lehmkuhle and one CAO to reach a final draft.
- Changes in long term disability benefits [Loyalka]. (K. Hutchinson)
- Board Meeting breakfast meeting with Faculty Senate by UMKC: Organizational design. [Schweitzberger].
- Discussion of follow-up at UMSL from public IFC letter of support for President in St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- Review of progress by UM Academic Affairs and Human Resources: Continued sicussion on academic title reform, rights and responsibilities, and length of contract for contingent faculty. Which campuses will initiate discussion panels on the rights and responsibilities of contingent faculty? Confirm date and place of Spring 2004 UMC forum.
- Update on any significant actions in Program Audit on the campuses.
Agenda items (as time permits)
- Discuss process differences in tenure policies across the four campuses.
- Academic Dishonesty.
- "Rule of 85" retirement as option to prevent disruptive VERIP actions.
- Will IFC start a policy initiative forbidding Consensual Relationships between faculty and students?
NEXT MEETING DATE: Wednesday, February 18, 2004
Reviewed July 16, 2010.