President’s Award for University Citizenship
Criteria for Nomination and Selection
- There are two categories of Faculty Citizenship Awards.
- The Leadership Award recognizes faculty who have provided exemplary leadership for the university. Examples of areas of leadership include, but are not limited to, faculty/shared governance, major curricular reform or program development, chairing a department or academic program, and fostering collaboration between or among departments, divisions or schools.
- The Excellence in Service Award recognizes faculty for distinguished service on one of the UM campuses or to the UM System. Nominees should have made exceptional contributions to achieving one or more goals of the university, while embodying the values of the university.
Number of awards and award amounts
- There will be up to two $5,000 faculty citizenship awards per year, less applicable taxes. The distribution of the awards across the categories will depend on the strength of the applicant pool in each area.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- All benefits-eligible faculty may be nominated. The award is open to faculty members not holding administrative appointments above a department or division chair or head.
- Nominees for the Service category may not hold appointments that are more than 50% administrative.
Who may nominate?
- Candidates may be nominated by any benefits-eligible faculty member or administrator.
- Representatives from each campus will be appointed by the provost.
Timeline for awards
- Call for nominations:
October 3, 2016
- Nomination deadline:
December 12, 2016
- Announcement of Awardee:
March 13 - April 21, 2017
Click HERE to download the Nomination Form