News and Announcements
- August 26, 2016: The City of Columbia has developed a diverse supplier database for minority and women-owned businesses in the mid-Missouri area. This can be another sourcing tool for seeking out local diverse suppliers. Follow link to go directly to the database.
- November 16, 2015:The FY 2015 University of Missouri System Supplier Diversity Summary Report, along with a 5-year spending review, is available for review.
- September 15, 2014: SDSBD Director Hodnett led a panel discussion on supplier diversity at the National Association of Educational Professionals (NAEP) during their bi-annual Supplier Diversity Institute. The event was held in Chicago August 4-5 2014.
- August 1, 2014: Supplier Diversity Advocacy Mentoring Program Conference held in Columbia - Read more
- April 24, 2014: SDSBD Director presents: Why is supplier diversity important for Missouri and America? - View the presentation
- February 22, 2014: Director Hodnett participates in supplier diversity work session for DIR - Read more
- At the St. Louis Minority Supplier Development Council's Annual Excellence Awards Gala on December 2, 2011, the University of Missouri System was named Government/Institution of the Year. UM was also presented the Corporate Innovation Program Award for its Advocacy-Mentoring Program. The awards recognize our efforts to increase the number of competitive women- and minority-owned firms that do business with the University. The Advocacy-Mentoring Program partners young minority or women-owned firms with established firms that have done business with the University. Congratulations to all those involved in the program.
- On June 17, The University of Missouri System hosted the Missouri Economic Summit at UM-Columbia, Reynolds Alumni Center, for the St. Louis Minority Supplier Development Council and the MidAmerica Minority Supplier Development Council. UM System President Gary Forsee welcomed the conference participants.
- At its December 4, 2009 Awards Gala, “An Evening of Excellence,” the St. Louis Minority Business Council (SLMBC) awarded its Buyer/Coordinator of the Year award to Jacqueline Hall Kelly, Ph.D., Director - Minority Business Development, University of Missouri System.
- At the Four Seasons Hotel (St. Louis) on December 4, 2008, the St. Louis Minority Business Council (SLMBC), at its 2008 Excellence Awards Gala, "An Evening with the Stars," awarded its Chairman's Award to Jacqueline Hall Kelly, Ph.D., Director - Minority Business Development, University of Missouri System, for her leadership.