Administrative leaders uphold and define the University of Missouri System mission and the direction and values of its departments. The Dr. Elson S. Floyd Administrative Leadership Development Program (ALDP) is respected as a proving ground where emerging and current leaders alike can expand and refine their leadership skills.
The UM System seeks applications from administrators to become a part of the ALDP. We strive to select a diverse group of leaders that includes a wide range of experience and expertise. At the end of the program you will:
- Learn more about yourself and your leadership characteristics
- Offer guidance and support to the staff managed by ALDP members
- Work with a network of peers to make a difference on your campus
- Build commitment among colleagues toward excellence and the UM mission
For the upcoming 2019 cohort
The Broadway Columbia
Double Tree by Hilton Hotel
1111 E. Broadway
Non-academic staff are eligible to apply for the ALDP. In order to be considered for participation in the ALDP, staff must:
- Complete the application -- The application period opens July 8, 2019, and closes August 2, 2019.
- Discuss the program with a direct supervisor and obtain endorsement for participation in the program.
- Submit the application electronically via our Qualtrics form by August 7, 2019.
- An email will be sent confirming receipt of your application, as well as selection/exclusion from the program.
Potential participants should:
- Demonstrate performance as an administrative leader;
- Provide leadership to units with a significant impact on services and resources of the university;
- Have potential for advancement to other leadership roles;
- Demonstrate interest in personal and professional development;
- Have the ability to attend all sessions and activities of the program;
- Have the active support of his/her supervisor(s) and unit; and be willing to serve as a "peer coach" to others in the program.
Interested in applying for the ALDP? Applications are accepted until August 7, 2019.
To submit your application, complete our Qualtrics ALDP Application form.
This professional development opportunity is provided by the University of Missouri System Office of Human Resources, with no cost to participants. Each participant's home unit is expected to cover travel and lodging costs.
Contact the UM Human Resources Learning and Organizational Development team at (573) 882-8855 or email@example.com.
A cohort is selected annually to engage in the year-long program. Past cohorts are great resources to explain the program and to serve as a broader network of leaders.