Welcome to Month Three as a New Employee!
The University values and rewards excellent performance, so this month we wanted to make sure you’re aware of resources that can help you be the best employee you can.
- ePerformance: ePerformance is the University’s online performance management tool. To encourage continuous growth, Progress Check-In discussions are completed three times a year and are an opportunity for employees and managers to share mutual feedback. To learn about the process and access performance management resources, please visit the UM System website.
- Human Resources: Human Resources can be a great source of support for you, whether you encounter an issue or need an objective point of view. We encourage you to reach out and get to know the employee relations contact at your university: MU, UMKC, Missouri S&T, UMSL or UM System.
- Policies: For your reference, there are two main sets of policies across the UM System: Collected Rules and Regulations and the UM System Policies (which includes the HR Resources Manual). Your university may have additional policies. Collected Rules and Regulations are formally approved by the University of Missouri Board of Curators and are the highest in the hierarchy of policies. UM System Policies are an expansion of the Collected Rules and Regulations on issues primarily related to people, business and administration.
Our system transforms lives by collaborating to achieve mutual success.
The Intercampus Staff Advisory Council (UM-ISAC) is comprised of representatives from across the system. Each university also has its own staff representation group: MU, UMKC, Missouri S&T, UMSL and UM System. Check out what your group is doing and learn how to get involved!
You are supported, valued and empowered.
Now that you’ve enrolled in your benefits, check out United Healthcare’s mobile app to save time managing your healthcare. The UM System wants to support you in staying as healthy as possible, but a number of resources are available in case of illness or injury. Read more about information on leave, including sick leave and FMLA, and the worker’s compensation process and policy. Remember, during your probationary period, accrued vacation cannot be used.
Learn, discover and innovate each day.
Hone your skillset and grow as a member of our University community. Log into Percipio with your normal university ID and password and take advantage of the following professional development resources:
- Developing a Growth Mind-set (16 minutes)
- Keeping Top Performers Challenged (16 minutes)
You work in a safe, inclusive, transparent environment.
We all know the saying that “two heads are better than one.” Now think about how much more knowledgeable and creative these two (or more) heads are if they are filled with differing worldviews, experiences, perspectives and beliefs. While it’s easy to focus on “me,” our own success and the success of our university requires a culture of “we.” Learn more about diversity at work: The Myriad Benefits of Diversity in the Workplace.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.