At the University of Missouri System, we are committed to providing a safe and secure working and learning environment for our faculty, staff and students. We help support that commitment by ensuring members of the University community are educated and informed about safety protocol through annual training courses like this one.
Each of the four universities of the UM System has a number of safety programs designed to protect and to empower their communities. One of the most effective programs at each university is the emergency alert system. Emergency alert systems are used to notify the campus community when there is an emergency situation, including criminal threats and/or natural disasters.
The UM System Campus Alert Training module will help you better understand the emergency alert system at your location, and will teach you how to respond to emergency alert messages.
Upon completion of this training module, you will be able to:
- Understand how to interpret campus emergency alerts.
- Understand your options for responding to emergency alert messages.
For the course to run correctly, we recommend using the browser Google Chrome.
- Access the course detail page within myLearn:
- Log into myLearn (https://umsystem.skillport.com/) using your University username and password.
- Click on "Learning Plan" (located in the top left-hand corner of the screen).
- Locate the "Campus Emergency Alert Training" and either select the course to learn more about it, or click on "LAUNCH" to begin the course.
- Trouble logging in to myLearn? Contact your local IT helpdesk for technical support.
If you have technical issues with the training, please contact the HR Service Center at 573-884-6996 (toll-free at 855-524-0002) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on Campus Emergency Alert Training.
For help accessing the course, or for questions about content
HR Service Center
- Phone: 573-884-6996 or toll-free at 855-524-0002
- Email: email@example.com
For technical assistance within the course
If you have technical issues within the course itself, please contact Skillsoft Technical Support at 866-754-5435 to identify what desktop setting is preventing the course to function properly.
For ADA accomodations
myLearn has a web accessibility accommodations option. If further accommodations are necessary to complete the training (i.e. limited access to computer), contact your supervisor, ADA Coordinator or campus Human Resource office to make the necessary arrangements.