Institutional Effectiveness and Analytics (IEA)
- Provides centralized data reporting and analytics for the UM System and its Universities.
- Conducts research and assessment for leaders throughout the University of Missouri System.
- Creates and maintains the data governance strategy for the University of Missouri System.
UM/MU's Office of Institutional Research and Analytics
- Supports the data needs for strategic and tactical UM/MU initiatives.
- Champion key IEA data governance efforts and coordinate appropriate MU/UM data requests.
- Oversees IR-related compliance and responses to external surveys (e.g., IPEDS, US News).
- Understands the internal and external higher education environment in order to provide guidance to leaders.
Student Data Management and Analytics
- Coordinate documentation of student data using UM data governance standards.
- Leadership in data architecture and technical specifications projects (e.g., grad/retention rate).
- Develop and coordinate maintenance of data deliverables, partnering with Planning and Process Improvement.
Institutional Data Management and Analytics
- Explore institutional data and identify gaps, map out data flows and prepare data marts for reporting analysts to explore and provide input.
- Document technical specification, create operational reports, and develop data architecture including data modeling.
- Responsible for all faculty-related data which includes:
- Academic Analytics
- Teaching effectiveness data
- Grants and contracts related data (e.g., awards, proposals, expenditures, compliance)
Planning and Process Improvement
- Managing the total portfolio of projects with IEA.
- Develops and documents processes and policies within IEA.
- Leads process (re)design projects that enhance and improve the work of IEA.
- Provides planning guidance on strategic initiatives.