Go to navigation Go to content

Live now: Board of Curators meeting - audio stream


BPM-503 Use of University One Card While in Travel Status

Revised September 20, 2016

Employees whose duties require that they travel on official business may be issued a University One Card at no personal cost.  This card is to be used only for charging University related travel expenses such as airfare, lodging, car rentals, etc. 


Documentation of the business purpose of travel expenses paid by the University is the responsibility of the traveler and the traveler’s home department.  Itemized receipts are required for all purchases using the One Card, regardless of the amount.


Personal meals that will be reimbursed by Per Diem should not be charged to the One Card.  For information on meal reimbursement, see BPM – 505.

Business meals may be charged to the One Card.  Sufficient documentation of the business purpose and either the names or titles of individuals attending and their relationship to the University (e.g., donor, job candidate, and the institution/company represented when applicable) or the names of groups/committees and approximate number attending (e.g., approximately 40 fiscal officers).  For information on Business meals, see BPM – 219.


Other expenses incurred while in travel status that are essential to the transaction of University business may be charged to the One Card.  The expenditures must be properly documented including the business purpose or how the expenditure benefitted the University in accordance with BPM – 219 and BPM - 505


Cash Advances should be processed through the Travel & Expenses module prior to the onset of the trip.  If a situation necessitates access to a cash advance using the One Card while in travel status, a request must be made in advance of the trip to have the One Card updated to allow for ATM transactions.  For more information on cash advances, see BPM – 506.